Member, Executive Committees:
- Co-Chair, IEEE Globecom 2011:
Communications Theory Symposium, Houston, Texas, November 2011.
- Co-Chair, IEEE VTC2010-Fall: Transmission Technologies
Track, September 2010, Ottawa, Canada
- Publications Chair, IEEE ICT 2010, Doha, Qatar, April 2010.
- Tutorials Chair, IEEE VTC2006-Fall ,
Montreal, Canada, Sept. 2006.
- Technical Co-chair, MIMO Symposium, IEEE WirelessCom
Conference, Hawaii, USA May 2005.
- Chair, IEEE Montreal Communications Chapter, September 2004 - August 2005.
Instructor, Technical Tutorials:
for Cooperative Communications (with T. M. Duman, Arizona
PIMRC 2010, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2010.
Globecom 2009, Honolulu, Hawaii, Nov./Dec. 2009.
Globecom 2005, St. Louis, MS, Nov./Dec. 2005.
for MIMO Systems (with
T. M. Duman, Arizona State University)
- IEEE WCNC 2008, Las Vegas, NV, USA, March 2008.
- IEEE ISSPIT 2007, Cairo, Egypt, December 2007.
- IEEE VTC-Fall 2006, Montreal, Canada.
- IEEE ICC 2006, Istanbul, Turkey.
- IEEE ICC 2005, Seoul, Korea.
- IEEE PIMRC 2004, Barcelona, Spain, Sept. 2004.
- IEEE WCNC 2004, Atlanta, GA, March 2004.
- IEEE Globecom 2003, San Francisco, CA,
This Tutorial is available for sale at the IEEE Communications Society website
(click here to access it)
Theory and Practice of MIMO: Promises and Realities (with G. Giannakis
(Minnesota), A. Goldsmith (Stanford), S. A. Jafar
(UC Irvine), N. Jindal (Minnesota), R. A.
Valenzuela (Bell Labs), S. Vishwanath (UT
Austin), and S. Zhou (Connecticut))
Globecom 2004, Dallas, Texas, Nov./Dec. 2004.
Technical Program Committee:
- IEEE Globecom 2010: Communications Theory
Symposium, Miami, Florida, November 2010.
- IEEE Globecom 2009: Wireless
Communications Symposium, Hunulolo, Hawaii, Nov./Dec. 2009.
- Canadian Workshop on Information Theory (CWIT 2009), May 2009,
- IEEE VTC2008-Fall, Calgary, Canada, September 2008.
- IEEE CCECE 2008, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 2008.
- IEEE Globecom 2007: Communication Theory
Symposium, Washington, D.C., Nov. 2007.
- IEEE PIMRC 2005, Berlin, Germany, September 2005.
- IEEE ICC 2005: Communication Theory Symposium, Seoul, Korea, May 2005.
- IEEE PIMRC 2004, Barcelona, Spain, September,
- IEEE ICC 2004: Wireless Communications and Wireless Networking
Symposia, Paris, France, June 2004.
- IEEE VTC2004-Spring, Milan, Italy, May 2004.
- IEEE PIMRC 2003, Beijing, China, September,
- IEEE VTC2003-Fall, Orlando, Florida, October,
- Space Shift Keying Modulation for MIMO Channels, EE Department, Texas
A&M University at Qatar, May 2008.
- MIMO Systems: Promises and Realities, InterDigital
Inc., Montreal, Canada, July 26, 2007.
- Coding for MIMO Communication Systems, International Symposium
on Signals, Systems and Elctronics (ISSSE 2007),
Montreal, Canada, July/August 2007.
- Coding for MIMO Communications Systems, SYTACom Research Workshop,
University of Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, May
- Concatenated Coding and Equalization for Nonlinear
Channels with Memory, INRS-Telecomm,
University of Quebec, Montreal, Canada, March 14, 2003.
- Performance Analysis of Space-Time Codes Over
Quasi-Static Fading Channels with Antenna Selection, IEEE Communications Section, Montreal, Canada,
November 12, 2002 (given at Concordia University, Montreal).
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions
on Signal Processing
- IEEE Transactions
on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Communications Magazine
- IEE Electronics Letters
- Journal of Communications and Networks (JCN)
- Internationa Journal of Communication Systems
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal
- Various IEEE Conferences