Welcome to my website!
I am affiliated with the Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering, known as CIISE, which is one of the departments of the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science at Concordia University. My academic titles are:
- NSERC/Hydro-Québec Thales Senior Industrial Research Chair in Smart Grid Security
- Concordia University Research Chair Tier I in Information Systems Security
- Full Professor
- Associate Dean Research and Graduate Studies
I received my education from the following institutions:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science from Paris XI Orsay University, France
- M. Sc. in Computer Science from Paris XI Orsay University, France
- B. Eng. in Computer Engineering from Constantine University, Algeria
Among my current professional activities:
- President of the National Cyber Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) Canada
- Member of the Board of Prompt Québec
- Member of the Advisorty Board of the Canadian Police College
In the past, I worked for the following organizations:
- Senior Scientist at PINTL Laboratory, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Senior Scientist at General Electric Corporate Research, New York, USA
- Research Associate at Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
- Permanent Researcher at Bull Corporate Research Center, Paris, France
- Tenured Associate Professor at Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
In the past, I served as:
- Director (Department Chair) of the Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering
- Vice President of the National Cyber Forensics Training Alliance, NCFTA Canada
- Member of Concordia University Senate
- Member of Senate Research Committee
- Section Chair of an NSERC Grant Selection Committee
- Member of the NSERC Advisory Committee on University-Industry Grants
- Member of FQRNT Grant Selectoin Committee
- Specification Lead of 4 Java Specification Standards i.e. Java Specification Requests:
- JSR 164: JAIN SIMPLE Presence (based on the IETF SIP/SIMPLE Protocol)
- JSR 165: JAIN SIMPLE Instant Messaging (based on the IETF SIP/SIMPLE Protocol)
- JSR 186: JAIN Presence (protocol agnostic)
- JSR 187: JAIN Instant Messaging (protocol agnostic)
- Expert Group Member for the following Java Standards:
- JSR 123: JAIN PAM
- JSR 125: JAIN SIP Lite
- JSR 139: CLDC 1.1
- JSR 180: SIP for Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME)
- JSR 185: Java Technology for Wireless Industry
- JAIN Council member
- JAIN IP Focus Team Member
- Participated in the Executive Committee of the Java Community Process (representing Matsushita)
I am leading together with 8 colleagues the Concordia Security Research Centre. The latter is a research group made of more than 60+ full-time researchers working on cyber security, cyber-physical security, cyber forensics and privacy.
I supervised to successful completion 29 Ph.D. students, more than 70 Master students and 13 postdoctoral fellows. I authored and co-authored more than 300 research publications.
LATEST NEWSVIEW ALL -
NSERC Postdoctoral FellowshipMy Ph.D. student Elias Bou-Harb, co-supervised with Dr. Assi, has been awarded the prestigious...
Invited Talk at Serene-Risc Spring 2015Dr. Debbabi gave an invited talk at the SERENE-RISC Spring 2015 Workshop, Cybersecurity Futures:...
Smart Grid Cybersecurity PanelDr. Debbabi took part in the Smart Grid Cyber Security Panel of the Interactive Information...
NSERC Graham Bell Award for Andrei SoeanuAndrei Soeanu Tudor Caval has been awarded an NSERC CGS Graham Bell Ph.D. Scholarship Award....
Conference, Special Event of the 82nd Congress of ACFASDr. Debbabi, together with his colleagues, Frédérick Gaudreau (from Sûreté du Québec), Francis...
Best Paper Award at IEEE NCA 2013Together with our Ph.D students Claude Fachkha and Elias Bou-Harb , we have been awarded the Best...