Call for Papers
The 17th IFIP International Conference on Testing of Communicating Systems
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
May 30th – June 2d, 2005
Meeting Software Testing
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
TestCom is a series of international working conferences on testing communicating systems, including communication protocols, services, distributed platforms, middlware , etc. Application domains include, but are not limited to, the automobile industry, avionics, banking, e-commerce, health, military, and telecommunications systems. Communicating systems testing and general-purpose software testing research streams have evolved in parallel over the last two decades. Different methods have been proposed taking into account the specificities of respective domains. The time has come to seek for cross-fertilization between these two streams of research. On the other hand, communicating systems have evolved from traditional communication protocols to more advanced architectures, and new paradigms and architectures such as, Applications Programming Interfaces (APIs), Web services, Ad-Hoc networks, etc.
TestCom will provide a forum for researchers, vendors and users to review, discuss and learn about new approaches, concepts and experiences in the field of testing of communicating systems, reactive systems and general-purpose software. The conference will consist of tutorial sessions, technical sessions and invited papers, industrial experience reports, demonstrations of tools, and panel and discussion sessions.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
They include, but are not restricted to:
- Types of testing: Functional testing, Conformance testing, Interoperability testing, Performance testing, Scalability/Stress testing, Robustness testing, Usability testing, Regression testing.
- Industrial testing experience: successes and failures of testing communicating systems, case studies, empirical studies.
- Classes of systems to be tested: Embedded systems, Real-time systems, E-commerce systems, Mobile systems, Protocols, Multimedia systems, Middleware platforms, Next Generation Networks, Distributed systems.
- Phases of testing: Test case generation, Test setup and execution, Test selection and management, Test coverage and results analysis.
- Theory and Practice of testing: Theoretical frameworks, Test specification, Test derivation, Validation and Analysis, Applications of testing theory, Test standards, Test tools.
- Issues in testing within particular application domains.
- New paradigms and architectures: multimedia services, Web services, OSA/Parlay, Jain, Ad-Hoc networks, etc.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Several types of contributions are solicited:
- Full papers research or practice results (no more than 16 pages)
- Industrial experience reports (no more than 16 pages)
- Position statements/poster papers work in progress (no more than 5 pages)
- Tool demonstration proposals
- Tutorial proposals
- Only original papers should be submitted. All full papers and industrial experience reports will be published as a volume of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)Series of Springer ( www.springeronline.com/lncs ). For author information see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. .
- December 1, 2004 - Submission deadline for full papers and industrial experience reports.
Extension: December 8, 2004
- February 1, 2005 - Notification of acceptance.
- March 1, 2005 - Camera-ready copy of full papers and industrial experience reports.
- March 15, 2005 - Submission deadline for position/poster papers.
- March 15, 2005 - Proposals for tool demonstrations.