This paper is a major revision combining and extending two other papers [1,2].
- This paper has mainly been written when the author was a visiting scientist
at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center.
- Actually, its upper bound for vertical space is set to a height which would
allow to display the whole list of direct methods at once provided that
sufficient screen space is available.
- Layout forms are usually defined as macros evaluating the right expressions
(in the right scope).
- This is an indication that the available space is not sufficient to fulfill
the space requirements. Items could extend beyond the boundary of their
- The capacity of a jug be temporarily unlimited.
- This is needed for frame-boxes, which may otherwise not exactly fit to the
lower border of their box.
Tue Jun 11 13:34:48 MET DST 1996