- Computational electromagnetics: moment-methods such as
wire-grid modeling and surface-patch modeling; the finite-difference
time-domain(FDTD) method; finite-element methods; Geometrical Optics and
the Uniform Theory of Diffraction; physical optics; the Sabine method;
indoor propagation; statistical modelling.
- Electromagnetic measurements: antenna radiation
patterns; monostatic scattering and radar cross-section; antenna near
fields; impedance; fast-fading in indoor propagation.
- Code validation: the evaluation of the performance of
computational electromagnetics computer codes by comparing computed and
measured results over a wide frequency range.
- Computer graphics in electromagnetics: the display of
computer models such as wire-grids, surface-patch models, and FDTD cell
models, in three-dimensional space; the display of current distributions,
of near fields, of far fields over the radiation sphere; and of all these
quantities as a function of frequency.
- Aircraft antenna performance at HF, VHF and UHF.
- Antenna-to-antenna coupling and EMC on aircraft.
- Aircraft and ship radar cross-section at HF and VHF
- The suppression of the re-radiation of broadcast
signals from steel-tower power lines.
- Portable radio antenna performance in the presence of the
head, hand and body.
- Electromagnetic safety evaluation of portable radios.
- Indoor propagation.
- Statistical modelling of fast fading.
- Interference between portable radios and electronic
equipment in a hospital environment.