fungi: legal, law, litigation, insurance issues
Molds in buildings become so prominent as to frequent in media and court houses. "Damages in mold claims consist of both property damage claims and personal injury claimsĄ damage claims can include remediation expenses, costs for mold testing and inspection, attorney fees, punitive damages and claims for medical monitoring." -APA
Mold was responsible for the insurance industry paying $1.3 billion in claims in 2001. -- Casarona, R. B. and Mcqueen, A. E., 2002, Legal issues involving mold contamination
View a court judgement by SUPREME COURT OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, and read a comment on this judgement
US mold controversy by Crawford & Company
Mold and home insurance. It may not be covered.
Indoor Toxic Mold: A Mushrooming Problem?
Coping with the mold menace! some insurance companies started to exclude mold damage coverage.
A good article on Mold Contamination Litigation: Is Its Bark Worse Than Its Bite? by Jeffrey Alitz, Esquire
The Mould (Litigation) Epidemic Third Party Mould Claims in Canada by Wilson Clark of a BC law firm.
Mold Claims Legislation and liability trends by James G. Koustras, 2003 on Engineered Wood Journal.. "Nationwide (US), mold claims have more than doubled from $1 billion in 2001 to an estimated $2.5 billion in 2002, according to the Insurance Information Institute".
- mold and law
- an excellent site on issues of insurance, law and litigation issues of molds; links to molds in homes, schools, and buildings;
- mold info and articles by a law firm
- images of molds, article from law viewpoint, and many links to other sites
- Mold lawyer.com
- Mold Links - PLRB
- by Property Loss Research Bureau -- a not-for-profit, national association at the leading edge of claims information.
- "the mold issue, including litigation, legislation, regulations, media coverage, mold science, expert witness services, maintained by the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies.
- Toxic Mold Legal Network
- An online mold litigation resource
- Condo owners' deluge of woe, by Sorensen, E., 1998
- Coupled heat, air and moisture transfer - the base of the durability of facade repair systems, by Haeulp, P., Neue, J. and Fechner, H., 1997
- Daylighting guide for Canadian commercial buildings, by PWC, 2002
- Exterior insulation and finish systems, by Nisson, N. and Best, D., 1999
- Hygroscopic moisture transport in wood, by Time, B., 1998
- Lawsuits grow as moulds multiply: Homeowners are seeking damages in Canada and the U.S. as moulds bring host of health problems , by Mucalov, J. and G. Mucalov
abstract:, Mucalov, J. and Mucalov, G., Mucalov, J. and Mucalov, G., 2002
- excellent overview of issues, parties, stats, current, in US
- Legal issues involving mold contamination, BSC Final Report: Lessons Learned from Building America Participation, by Casarona, R. B. and Mcqueen, A. E., 2002
- Literature review of exterior insulation finish systems and stucco finishes, by Cheple, M. and Huelman, P. H., 2000
- Managing Mold, and Lawsuits , by Romano, J., 2003
- Methods of measuring the moisture diffusivity at high moisture levels, by Janz, M., 1997
- Microbial contamination litigation: expert witnesses and scientific evidence, by Cross, w. H., 2001
- Moisture in the roofs of cold storage buildings, by Tobiasson, W. N., Greatorex, A. R., Fabian, B. A., 1998
- Moisture propagation in multizone buildings proposition of a coupled energy-moisture-airflow model, by Woloszyn, M., Rusaouen, G., Duta, A., Daguse, T. and Hubert, J-L, 2000
- Mold and law, by Lozano, G. D. A., 2002
- Mold growth and IAQ woes at three-year-old school spark lawsuits by school district, students, and staff in Texas towns, by Anon, 2000
- Mold problem is slow growing , by Angelo, W. J., 2002
- Solving water intrusion and mold problems in North Carolina, legal claims arising out of mold and water problems, by Bryson, D. K. and Rhine, J. R., 0
- North Carolina's first settlement
- Synthetic stucco (EIFS) settlement will provide up to $20 million for homeowners nationwide, by Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll's, 1998
- Tentative settlement of EIFS class action with parex announced, by Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll's, 1999
- The Mould (Litigation) Epidemic, Third Party Mould Claims in Canada, by Stockenstrom, H., 2002
- Understanding mold in the property restoration industry, by Servpro Industries, Inc, 2001
- Wood-destroying fungi in residential construction, by Smulski, S., 1996