M. Mannan and Students -- Research in the News
Hypnogurad (stronger protections for data-in-sleep)
Link to the original work: ACM CCS 2016.
- All About Circuits (Feb 6, 2017)
- Concordia-news-maker-of-the-week (Dec 5, 2016)
- Daily Dot (Nov 29, 2016)
- Gizmodo, PC Magazine, ACM Technews (Nov 28, 2016)
- CNN-News18, The Statesman, The Economic Times (Nov 25, 2016)
- Science Magazine, Phys.org, Concordia press release (Nov 23, 2016)
Antivirus and parental control application study
Link to the original work: NDSS 2016.
- Slashdot, CBC, Digital Journal, Hurriyet, Security.nl (July 2016)
- BBC Click (May 25, 2016)
- Concordia news-maker-of-the-week (May 9, 2016)
- DailyMail.co.uk, TheRegister.co.uk, Engineering and Technology Magazine, Daily Express, LesAffaires.com, CACM news, Times of India, International Business Times, Business Standard, Hindustan Times (May 5, 2016)
- Science Daily, LaPresse.ca, Concordia press release (May 4, 2016)
- Nicoheijmans.nl (January 2, 2016)
Password meter study
- Forbes (January 20, 2016)
- NetworkWorld, Slashdot, TheHill, CIO.de (March 26, 2015)
- ReadWriteWeb, PCMag (nl), Concordia news-maker-of-the-week (March 27, 2015)
- CACM news, ACM Technews (March 30, 2015)
- Why you can't trust password strength meters, NakedSecurity/Sophos (March 2, 2015)
- Cyber security: will the Ashley Madison hack change our habits? Concordia News, August 19, 2015.
- Quebec sees 52% jump in cybercrime cases, CBC News, April 1, 2015.
- Malware threats making anti-virus software 'totally useless', CBC News, March 5, 2014. Also reported by HuffingtonPost.ca, TechRadar.com.
- Anti-NSA Blackphone 'commendable,' but will consumers buy it?, CBC News, February 24, 2014. Also reported by HuffingtonPost.ca.
- How I Compiled TrueCrypt For Windows and Matched the Official Binaries, [Xavier de Carné de Carnavalet], Slashdot, October 24, 2013. Also reported by TheRegister.co.uk (Nov 6, 2013), TheRegister.co.uk (Nov 18, 2013), Threatpost.com (April 16, 2014).
- Cybercrime fighters, Concordia University Magazine September 18, 2013.
Digital objects as passwords
- ObPwd Generates Secure Passwords from Web Images and Text, LifeHacker, January 19, 2011.
- Let A Picture Be Your Password With ObPwd, MakeUseOf, August 18, 2008.
- Let Your Theme Song be Your Password, New Scientist, August 8, 2008.
- Name that tune: How songs could be the passwords of the future, Daily Telegraph, August 12, 2008.
- Let Your Theme Song be Your Password, Slashdot, August 12, 2008.
- Researchers replace passwords with digital objects, Geek.com, August 13, 2008.
- Forgot your password? Use Beethoven's Ninth instead, TechRadar.com, August 10, 2008.
- Boffins create passwords from pictures and MP3s, TechWorld.com, August 14, 2008.
- Turn Digital Objects Into Passwords, Windows IT Pro, August 14, 2008.
Usability of security requirements in online banking
Link to the original work NSPW 2007.
- CBC Radio, CBC News at Six (Ottawa), News Article, (September 17, 2007)
- NewsTalk Radio CFRB Toronto (April 10, 2008), CHQR Calgary and GetConnected Radio Vancouver (April 11, 2008)
- Canwest News Service -- appeared in several newspapers including: Ottawa Citizen, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald, Winnipeg Free Press, Windsor Star etc. (April 10, 2008)
- Letter from Canadian Bankers Association (April 15, 2008)
- Vancouver Sun Editorial (April 15, 2008)