Wahab Hamou-Lhadj, Ph.D. (Ottawa U.), ing. (OIQ)
OCUP (OMG), OCEB (OMG)
Director, Undergraduate Program (2013-2015)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1515 St. Catherine, West
Montréeal, Québec H3G2W1, Canada
Office: EV 5.213
Tel: +1 514 848 2424 x.7949
Research and Consultancy Areas of Interest:
- Software development, maintenance, and evolution
- Modeling and reasoning with UML family of languages
- Big data analytics of logs and traces with applications to maintenance and cybersecurity
- Information technology, business process management, and lean thinking
- Education in higher institutions
- A. V. Miranskyy, A. Hamou-Lhadj, E. Cialini, A. Larsson, "Operational-Log Analysis for Big Data Systems: Challenges and Solutions," IEEE Software 33(2), pp. 52-59, 2016.
- S. S. Murtaza, W. Khreich, A. Hamou-Lhadj, A. Benera, "Mining Trends and Patterns of Software Vulnerabilities," Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Volume 117, pp. 218-228, 2016.
- L. Alawneh, A. Hamou-Lhadj, J. Hassine, "Segmenting Large Traces of Inter-Process Communication with a focus on High Performance Computing Systems," To Appear in the Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), 2016.
- M. Nayrolles, A. Hamou-Lhadj, S. Tahar, A. Larsson, "A Bug Reproduction Approach Based on Directed Model Checking and Crash Traces," Wiley Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (in press). see all publications
Current Research Projects:
The following projects require expertise in: Software Engineering, Software Maintenance, Cybersecurity, Business Process Management, Big Data Analytics of Logs and Traces, Machine Learning, Data Mining.
- OpenSim - An Open Architecture for Aircraft Simulation Integration and Monitoring Methods Using the HLA Standard. Partners: NSERC, CRIAQ, CIADI, Marinvent.
- AHLS - Advanced Host-Level Surveillance. Partners: NSERC, DRDC, Ericsson, Ecole Polytéchnique de Montréal, ETS, University of Toronto
- D2K - From Data 2 Knowledge for Better System Maintenance. Partners: MITACS, Ericsson
- AVIO 508 - Diagnostics for Real Time Distributed Multi-core Architecture in Avionics. Partners: NSERC, CRIAQ, CAE, Opal-RT, Ecole Polytéchnique de Montréal
- Workshop Chair: IWSF 2016 - The First International Workshop on Software Faults, co-located with ISSRE 2016, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- PC Member (Workshop proposals): MODELS 2016 - ACM/IEEE 18th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems
- Workshop Chair: PCODA 2015 - The Sixth International Workshop on Program Comprehension through Dynamic Analysis
- Indutry Track Chair: SANER 2015 - The 22nd IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering
- Workshop Proposals Chair: MODELS 2015 - The ACM/IEEE 18th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems
N e w s
- Consider submitting a paper to IWSF (the first international conference on software faults), co-located with ISSRE 2016, Ottawa, Canada. The deadline is July 29, 2016
- Apr. 16. Check out our 2016 publications.
- Mar. 16. Dr. Hamou-Lhadj gave an invited talk at the Université of Québec in Trois Rivière on the processes and tools for complying with CEAB graduate attributes.
- Feb. 16. Our paper "A Controlled Experiment for Evaluating the Comprehensibility of UML Action Languages" was nominated for the best paper award. see all news