I joined the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in Concordia University in June 2008 as an assistant professor. I am also an Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Computer Science in University of New Brunswick.
Office Hours in Winter 2013
Wednesday 10:30am-12:00pm. EV3.237.
A Recent Award
My follow paper has won an award for "the most cited CSCWD paper 2001-2011" in 2013
Yuhong Yan, Zakaria Maamar, and Weiming Shen, "Integration of Workflow and Agent Technology for Business Process Management", IEEE International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD) 2001.
Service Computing, Mobile Computing and Cloud Computing
Service computing brings flexibility, interoperability, and composeability to software systems. Service computing combining with mobile computing and cloud computing is going to pave the new landscape of software engineering, pervasive computing and high performance computing. I am exploring the domain from the following aspects:
- Web service modeling: formal models, such as automata, process algebra and Petri net, to model Web service
- service composition: automatic planning algorithms
- monitoring, diagnosis, repair, and reconfiguration
- personal information aid with mobile devices: marsh up, search, and composition for personal information aid.
- services over clouds, multi-tenent architecture
If you are looking for a supervisor for your graduate study and self-motivated, you are welcome to contact me. I am recruiting students in the directions of Web services, Web service composition, cloud computing, and software engineering.
Tips: in order to be poped up from all the queries I receive everyday, I suggest you to include the following information in your email: 1) your transcripts from the recent program you finished or will finish; 2) what kind of topics interested you; 3) your career expectation; 4) your demand on scholarship.
- Yuhong Yan, Min Chen, and Yubin Yang, "Anytime QoS Optimization over the PlanGraph for Web Service Composition", ACM SAC, March, 2012, Italy, p1968-1975.
- Yuhong Yan and Min Chen, "Redundant Service Removal in QoS-Aware Service Composition", IEEE ICWS2012, p431-439.
- Qiang Duan, Yuhong Yan, and Athanasios V. Vasilakos, "A Survey on Service-Oriented Network Virtualization Toward Convergence of Networking and Cloud Computing", IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management 9(4), p373-392, 2012.
- Min Chen, Pascal Poizat, and Yuhong Yan, "Adaptive Composition and QoS Optimization of Conversational Services through Graph Planning Encoding" , accepted by Handbook on Web Services, edited by Athman Bouguettaya, Quan Z Sheng, and Florian Daniel, to be published by Springer, 2013.
- Yuhong Yan, Pascal Poizat, and Min Chen, "Repair of Service Compositions as an Adaptation to Change", under review by IEEE Transactions on Service Computing.
- Yuhong Yan and Min Chen, "Anytime QoS-Aware Service Composition over the PlanGraph", under review by Journal of Service Oriented Computing and Application, Springer.
- Qiang Duan, Yuhong Yan, and Athanasios V. Vasilakos, "A Survey on Network Service Description, Discovery, and Composition for Cloud Computing: Challenges and Opportunities", submit to IEEE Communications magazine on Dec.1, 2011.
- Yuhong Yan, "Data Driven Service Composition on Smart Mobile Devices", in preparation.
- Yuhong Yan, "Reconfiguring Business Processes at Run Time", in preparation.
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, EV3.237
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
Tel: (514) 848-2424 ext 8715
Fax: (514) 848-2830
Email: yuhong at cse.concordia.ca