I am an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering in Concordia University . My research is focused on Service Computing, Mobile Computing and Cloud Computing. Service computing brings flexibility, interoperability, and composability to software systems. Service computing combining with mobile computing and cloud computing is going to pave the new landscape of software engineering, pervasive computing and high performance computing. I am exploring the domain from the following aspects:
- Web service modeling: formal models, such as automata, process algebra and Petri net, to model Web service
- service composition: automatic planning algorithms
- monitoring, diagnosis, repair, and reconfiguration
- personal information aid with mobile devices: marsh up, search, and composition for personal information aid.
- services over clouds, multi-tenant architecture
- My follow paper is currently the top 1 most frequently downloaded paper for IEEE Transaction on Network and Service Management:
Qiang Duan, Yuhong Yan, and Vasilakos, A.V.A, "Survey on Service-Oriented Network Virtualization Toward Convergence of Networking and Cloud Computing".
- My follow paper has won an award for "the most cited CSCWD paper 2001-2011" in 2013:
Yuhong Yan, Zakaria Maamar, and Weiming Shen, "Integration of Workflow and Agent Technology for Business Process Management", IEEE International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD) 2001.
Office Hours in Winter 2013-2014
Wednesday 15:00-17:00, EV3.237.
As a software engineering professor, I believe industrial practices are critical for enhancing my knowledge and updating my skills. I was consultant for International Civil Aviation Organization, an UN organization in Montreal. I have received funding from NSERC Engage and MITACS for industrial collaboration. I am currently consulting gamezone, a video game retailer in Montreal for Search Engine Optimization. In 2013, I established a consulting company Pigpen Technology to provide the following services:
- Web site design and development
- Search Engine Optimization, Web site promoting, online marketing
- Enterprise application project design and project review
- Technical management support and consulting
If you are looking for a supervisor for your graduate study and self-motivated, you are welcome to contact me. I am recruiting students in the directions of Web services, Web service composition, cloud computing, and software engineering.
Tips: in order to be poped up from all the queries I receive everyday, I suggest you to include the following information in your email: 1) your transcripts from the recent program you finished or will finish; 2) what kind of topics interested you; 3) your career expectation; 4) your demand on scholarship.
- Dario Saveliovsky, Jiaoyao Zhou, and Yuhong Yan, "Detecting Semantic Matching in Service Oriented System Integration", submitted to IEEE Conferences on Service Computing, 2014. The dataset we used in this paper can be downloaded.
- Yuhong Yan and Min Chen, "Anytime QoS-Aware Service Composition over the PlanGraph", to appear in the International Journal of Service Oriented Computing and Application, Springer, 2013.
- Min Chen, Pascal Poizat, and Yuhong Yan, "Adaptive Composition and QoS Optimization of Conversational Services through Graph Planning Encoding" , accepted by Handbook on Web Services, edited by Athman Bouguettaya, Quan Z Sheng, and Florian Daniel, to be published by Springer, 2013.
- Yuhong Yan, Pascal Poizat, and Min Chen, "Repair of Service Compositions as an Adaptation to Change", under review by IEEE Transactions on Service Computing.
- Qiang Duan, Yuhong Yan, and Athanasios V. Vasilakos, "A Survey on Network Service Description, Discovery, and Composition for Cloud Computing: Challenges and Opportunities", submit to IEEE Communications magazine on Dec.1, 2011.
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, EV3.237
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
Tel: (514) 848-2424 ext 8715
Fax: (514) 848-2830
Email: yuhong at cse.concordia.ca