Service Oriented Systems IntegrationThe new systems are built upon SOA and the legacy systems expose their functions as Web services. Service composition is a way to construct new services, or a way to integrate the service oriented systems. We need automatic methods to solve the following problems:
- Interface level incompatibility
- Process level incompatibility
- Composite service adaptation
Recruiting: 1 Ph.d. students and 2 master's students
Novaxe: an Innovative Online Music TutorMITACS-Accederate Internship program. Industrial Partner: Studio Vandendool. Support 6 interns in 8 months Funding source: MITACS-Accederate, 10/2014-5/2015 ($80,000)
Half way online demo: http://188.8.131.52/music/.
Function: search a song by name or by chord progress; play the scores and chord as animation on the Web UI; show the chord presentation according to Vandendool style.
Web-based Avoinics Certification Management for Bus DesignMITACS-Accederate Internship program. Industrial Partner: Marivent. Support 6 interns in 8 months Funding source: MITACS-Accederate, 8/2013-4/2014 ($80,000)
Use of a Smart Device for Data Logging and Tracking in Hospital
- Deliver BlackBerry PlayBook apps chosen in consultation with RVH for use by their healthcare professionals for bedside data entry and medical image browsing
- Evaluate the impact of these new PlayBook applications in daily work of a typical hospital
- Long term collaboration with RIM and RVH
Collaborators: Research in Motion (RIM), The Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH)
Recruiting: 2 master's students, 1 technician The NSERC Engage PlayBook Project Management Site
Building Self-Manageable Web Service Processes
Funding source: NSERC Discovery Grant 2007-2012 ($75,000), Concordia Faculty Start-up fund 2008-2009 ($50,000).
- Fault diagnosis in Web services
- Web service process adaptation
- Formal modeling for Web service processes
- Web service process property verification
- Self-reconfiguration and adaption for Web service processes
- Web service composition
Methods: formal methods, model based approaches, symbolic-based reasoning and computing, model checking, etc.
Recruiting: a post-doc and a Ph.D. student
- Remote instrument control and resource management
- Distributed system integration for experiental physics facilitates
- Grid computing and eScience applications
Collaborators: the University of Western Ontario, the Canadian Light Source, IBM Canada
Methodology: system design and development, project management, system integration, R&D skills
Recruiting: a post-doc and 1-2 master's student