Dr. Mohsen Habibi
Advanced Manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing
2018-Present, Research Associate, Concordia University, Optical-Bio Microsystems Lab
2017- 2018, Postdoc, University of British Columbia, Manufacturing Automation Lab
2012-2016, Ph.D., Concordia University, CAD/CAM Lab
2007-2010, M.Sc., Amirkabir University of Technology, CAD/CAM Lab
2003-2007, B.Sc., University of Mazandaran
My professional teaching, research and industrial experiences cover: Additive Manufacturing, High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Holograms and Metamaterials for Ultrasound, Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems, Intelligent Manufacturing, Virtual Manufacturing, CAD/CAM/CAE, Multi-axis CNC Machining and Grinding, Gear Manufacturing, and Advanced Cutting Tool Design.
- Foroughi, S., Habibi, M., Packirisamy, M., 2019, “Nozzle based Ultra Fast Phase Transformation for Multi Material Deposition”. US patent (pending).
- Habibi, M., Packirisamy, M., 2018, “Method of Selective Volumetric Phase Transformation with Ultra Fast and Dense Energy Transfer and Applications Thereof”. US patent (pending).
- Habibi, M., Packirisamy, M., 2017, “Distributed Localized Field Configurable Selective Spatial Solidification (S3) and Selective Spatial Trapping (SST) Methods of Creating Layerless Structures”, US patent (pending), Serial No. 62/455,750.
- The proposed invention introduces two new classes of methods (Solidification and Trapping) to create complex and functional structures of macro/micro and nano sizes using configurable fields irrespective of whether they need medium or not for transmission. This patent is the bedrock of the Xwave3D Inc. as a spin-off company in partnership with Concordia University and Aligo Innovation working in the additive manufacturing field to transfer the developed technology.
- Habibi, M., Shahmohammadi, H., Dinachali, S.S., May 2008, “Design and Fabricating a Surface Scanning Mechanism by One Mirror”, May 2008, #IR47892 (received a national patent award)
Selected Journal Articles
- Habibi, M., Tuysuz, O., Altintas, Y., 2018, “Modification of Tool Orientation and Position to Compensate Tool and Part Deflections in Five-Axis Ball End Milling Operations”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, doi:10.1115/1.4042019.
- Altintas, Y., Tuysuz, O., Habibi, M., Li, Z., 2018, “Virtual compensation of deflection errors in ball end milling of flexible blades”, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 76 (1), pp. 365-368, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2018.03.001.
- Habibi, M., Chen, Z.C., 2017, “A Generic and Efficient Approach to Determining Locations and Orientations of Complex Standard and Worn Wheels for Cutter Flute Grinding Using Characteristics of Virtual Grinding Curves”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139(4), 041018, doi: 10.1115/1.4035421.
- Habibi, M., Chen, Z.C., 2016, “A Semi-analytical Approach to Un-deformed Chip Boundary Theory and Cutting Force Prediction in Face-hobbing”, Computer-Aided Design, 73, pp. 53-65, doi: 10.1016/j.cad.2015.12.001.
- Google Scholar